This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is concerned that information given to the nurse remains confidential. Which is the nurse's ... (Read 47 times)

pepyto

A client is concerned that information given to the nurse remains confidential. Which is the nurse's best response?

A. Your information is confidential. It will be kept just between you and me.
  B. I will share the information with staff members only with your approval.
  C. If the information impacts your care, I will need to share it with the treatment team.
  D. You can make the decision whether your physician needs this information or not.

Question 2

An inpatient client, whom the treatment team has determined to be a danger to self, gives notice of intention to leave the hospital. What information should the nurse recognize as having an impact on the treatment team's next action?

A. State law determines how long a psychiatric facility can hold a client.
  B. Federal law determines if the client is competent.
  C. The client's family involvement will determine if discharge is possible.
  D. Hospital policies will determine treatment team actions.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

laurnthompson

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Basic to the psychiatric client's hospitalization is his or her right to confidentiality and privacy. When admitted to an inpatient psychiatric facility, a client gives implied consent for information to be shared with health-care workers specifically involved in the client's care.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Most states commonly cite that in an emergency a client who is dangerous to self or others may be involuntarily hospitalized.

pepyto

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

rachel

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library