This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement describes achievement of Erikson's generativity versus stagnation developmental ... (Read 48 times)

DyllonKazuo

Which statement describes achievement of Erikson's generativity versus stagnation developmental stage?

A. I've been a girl scout leader for troop 259 for 7 years.
  B. I feel great that I could pay for my bike with my paper route money.
  C. My parents are so pleased that John and I are going to be married.
  D. I've had a very full life. I'm not afraid to leave this world.

Question 2

A 29-year-old client living with parents has few interpersonal relationships. The client states, I have trouble trusting people. Based on Erikson's developmental theory, which should the nurse recognize as a true statement about this client?

A. The client has not progressed beyond the trust versus mistrust developmental stage.
  B. Developmental deficits in earlier life stages have impaired the client's adult functioning.
  C. The client cannot move to the next developmental stage until mastering all earlier stages.
  D. The client's developmental problems began in the intimacy versus isolation stage.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

akudia

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The major task of generativity versus stagnation is to achieve the life goals established for oneself while also considering the welfare of future generations.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Many individuals with mental health problems are still struggling to achieve tasks from a number of developmental stages. Nurses can plan care to assist these individuals to complete these tasks and move on to a higher developmental level.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library