This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is increasingly tense, pacing the hall and glaring angrily at others. Select the nurse's ... (Read 12 times)

elizabeth18

A patient is increasingly tense, pacing the hall and glaring angrily at others. Select the nurse's best comment to this patient.

a. It looks as though you are feeling upset. Please tell me what's concerning you.
  b. I can see you are on the verge of losing control. What can I do to help you?
  c. You must maintain control of your feelings even if you are feeling angry.
  d. I'm going to give you an injection of your medication to prevent loss of control.

Question 2

Which assessment findings validate that a patient with bipolar disorder is experiencing mania? Select all that apply.

a. Pacing
  b. Agitation
  c. Drowsiness
  d. Delusional thoughts
  e. Psychomotor retardation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

smrerig

Answer to Question 1

A
In the triggering phase the patient's behaviors are nonviolent and present no immediate danger to others. The nurse should convey empathic support and encourage ventilation using clear, calm, and simple statements.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, D
Agitation, increased motor activity (pacing), and delusional thoughts may all accompany mania. The patient with mania would have an increased level of alertness rather than drowsiness. Psychomotor retardation would be expected with depression.

elizabeth18

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

sultansheikh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library