This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statements indicate that a patient understands the unit norms? Select all that apply. a. I ... (Read 15 times)

joesmith1212

Which statements indicate that a patient understands the unit norms? Select all that apply.

a. I need quiet time after art therapy today.
  b. I will not yell during the community meeting.
  c. I realize that I need help with my problems.
  d. I will show up on time to take my medication.
  e. I will talk to staff if I get angry instead of punching somebody.

Question 2

Which patient should be assessed most carefully for evidence of lithium toxicity? A patient taking lithium (Lithobid) and

a. indomethacin (Indocin).
  b. risperidone (Risperdal).
  c. ziprasidone (Geodon).
  d. olanzapine (Zyprexa).

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aruss1303

Answer to Question 1

B, D, E
Norms are specific expectations of socially acceptable behavior intended to promote community living, such as behaving with civility during a community meeting, behaving in nonviolent ways, maintaining personal control, and accepting personal responsibility. The correct options are desirable behaviors related to norms rather than individual treatment goals.

Answer to Question 2

A
The combination of lithium and indomethacin is more likely to produce lithium toxicity than lithium and any other drug listed. Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs reduce renal elimination of lithium, thereby increasing serum lithium levels.

joesmith1212

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

Bigfoot1984

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library