This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When developing a teaching plan for a patient receiving benztropine (Cogentin), a priority ... (Read 23 times)

Destiiny22

When developing a teaching plan for a patient receiving benztropine (Cogentin), a priority consideration for the nurse is

a. anticholinergic drugs often cause blurred vision.
  b. urinary frequency may impair the patient's concentration.
  c. akathisia produced by the drug will make concentration difficult.
  d. increased peristalsis might cause gastrointestinal distress and impair concentration.

Question 2

A psychotic patient tells the nurse, Get away from me or I'll hit you. You're sucking the thoughts out of my head. To best de-escalate the situation, the nurse should

a. direct the patient to a chair.
  b. deny taking the patient's thoughts.
  c. increase the distance between nurse and patient.
  d. tell the patient, You will be restrained if you hit me.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sassygurl126

Answer to Question 1

A
CNS effects include confusion, drowsiness, and decreased memory and learning. This might affect the patient's ability to learn. Anticholinergics do not cause urinary frequency, akathisia, or increased peristalsis.

Answer to Question 2

C
The nurse should do as the patient requests when the request is reasonable. Patients perceiving alterations in reality often need increased personal space to feel less anxious. Denials, touching, and threatening are likely to promote escalation of violent behavior.

Destiiny22

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

Missbam101

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library