This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is diagnosed with neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Which medication from the patient's ... (Read 27 times)

maegan_martin

A patient is diagnosed with neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Which medication from the patient's pharmacologic profile most likely led to this problem?

a. Divalproex sodium (Depakote)
  b. Amitriptyline (Elavil)
  c. Haloperidol (Haldol)
  d. Paroxetine (Paxil)

Question 2

These comments are made by patients in a support group. Which comment best contributes to group cohesiveness and effectiveness?

a. Talking about my problems helps me think of ways to solve them. Let me explain them to everyone.
  b. We aren't making progress because our group leader has as many problems as we do.
  c. No one in this group wants to hear anything else about your financial problems.
  d. We started out talking about guilt, but we wandered off from that subject.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shaikhs

Answer to Question 1

C
Neuroleptic malignant syndrome is more likely to occur in patients taking traditional high-potency antipsychotic drugs. The distracters are not antipsychotic drugs.

Answer to Question 2

D
Group leaders must recognize and manage a group process and content. Cohesiveness helps the group achieve its goals. The speaker has made an observation of the group process. Distracting, dominant, or hostile comments distract from the curative factor of universality.

maegan_martin

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

ricroger

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library