This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient demonstrates visual aphasi a. The nurse can project that there is dysfunction in which ... (Read 16 times)

cool

A patient demonstrates visual aphasi

a. The nurse can project that there is dysfunction in which cerebral lobe?
  a. Temporal
  b. Parietal
  c. Occipital
  d. Frontal

Question 2

A patient in a support group says, I'm tired of being sick. Everyone always helps me, but I'll be glad when I can help someone else. This statement reflects

a. altruism.
  b. universality.
  c. cohesiveness.
  d. corrective recapitulation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mariahkathleeen

Answer to Question 1

A
Temporal lobe lesion of the visual association area would result in visual aphasia, the inability to recognize previously known words. A parietal lobe lesion would involve sensory interpretation or association. An occipital lobe lesion would produce loss of vision. Problems with the frontal lobe would produce motor problems or changes in thought or personality.

Answer to Question 2

A
Altruism refers to the experience of being helpful or useful to others, a condition that the patient anticipates will happen. The other options are also therapeutic factors identified by Yalom.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library