Author Question: A patient tells the nurse, When I get out, I'm going to get even with a lot of people. With respect ... (Read 14 times)

pragya sharda

A patient tells the nurse, When I get out, I'm going to get even with a lot of people. With respect to the nurse's duty to warn, the nurse should

a. take no action on a general threat.
  b. notify local law enforcement officials.
  c. warn close relatives and significant other.
  d. document and discuss the threat with the clinical team.

Question 2

Culture is defined as a group's shared

a. race and ethnicity.
  b. values, beliefs, and norms.
  c. biologic variations and psychological characteristics.
  d. patterned behavioral responses that developed over time.

cloud

Answer to Question 1

D
The Tarasoff ruling specifies that a specific threat to a readily identifiable person or persons must be made. In this situation, the threat is nonspecific. The prudent action is to document and discuss with the clinical team to determine the need for providing a warning to third parties.

Answer to Question 2

B
Culture is the internal and external manifestation of a person's, group's, or community's learned and shared values, beliefs, and norms that are used to help individuals function in life and understand and interpret life occurrences. None of the other responses provides an adequate explanation of culture, because all are too narrow in scope.