This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is conducting a follow-up assessment on a patient who lost his best friend several months ... (Read 27 times)

Charlie

A nurse is conducting a follow-up assessment on a patient who lost his best friend several months ago. What patient statement would indicate that interventions have been effective?

1. I just can't get over it.
  2. I think I'm sleeping better lately.
  3. I don't care about my loss anymore.
  4. I think that I am fine and don't really need treatment.

Question 2

A patient who lost a grandchild over a year ago recently stopped taking her anti-depressant medication. When assessing the patient, which finding would suggest a relapse of the patient's depression?

1. Changes in the patient's sleep patterns
  2. Increased patient talk about her grandchild
  3. Continuing patient participation in a grief support group
  4. Patient involvement in creating a memorial scholarship fund

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

anoriega3

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 2
Explanation: Improved sleep in the patient who is grieving is an indication that interventions are helping. The patient who reports I just can't get over it, may not be benefitting from interventions. The patient who says I don't care may be exhibiting denial or depression and may require further assessment. The patient who does not want treatment may be experiencing reluctance rather than recovery.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 1
Explanation: Early signs of relapse of depression may include sleep difficulties that recur after a period of improvement. Talking about a loved one can be an effective strategy for coping with loss. Participating in creating an appropriate memorial can also support healing. Ongoing participation in treatment is an indication of effective involvement, not of relapse.

Charlie

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library