This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who is a senior in high school fails two classes and is unable to graduate. Which type of ... (Read 42 times)

sabina

A patient who is a senior in high school fails two classes and is unable to graduate. Which type of crisis is the patient likely experiencing?

1. Biological crisis
  2. Situational crisis
  3. Adventitious crisis
  4. Maturational crisis

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a victim of interpersonal violence who tells the nurse, I am really scared about going back to my apartment. I am afraid my boyfriend might try to hurt me again. What is the nurse's best response?

1. Help the patient contact the police.
  2. Help the patient develop a plan of safety.
  3. Help the patient find a temporary, safe shelter.
  4. Help the patient file a domestic violence report.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ms_sulzle

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 4
Explanation: A maturational crisis may occur when an individual has difficulty achieving a developmental task such as graduating from high school. Situational crises typically arise from sudden, unanticipated events or changes. The patient likely knew about the failing grades. Adventitious crises arise from traumatic events that are well beyond the expected scope of normal human experience, such as violent crime, natural disasters, war, and terrorism. Biological is a stage of wellness, not crisis.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 3
Explanation: If the patient is ready to leave, the nurse must help ensure the patient's safety by helping the patient find temporary, safe shelter. For patients who need time or are not ready to leave an abusive situation, it is important to help them develop plans for their safety (and for the safety of their family, if the victim has children or other dependents) and provide support until they are able to resolve this problem. The nurse can support the patient in contacting the police and filing a domestic violence report, but doing so will not ensure the patient's immediate safety, which is the nurse's priority for care.

sabina

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

The largest baby ever born weighed more than 23 pounds but died just 11 hours after his birth in 1879. The largest surviving baby was born in October 2009 in Sumatra, Indonesia, and weighed an astounding 19.2 pounds at birth.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library