This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient of the Muslim faith who prays ritually several times daily. The ... (Read 25 times)

brutforce

The nurse is caring for a patient of the Muslim faith who prays ritually several times daily. The patient tells the nurse, I don't know how I can possibly pray using my prayer rugs here in the hospital. What is the nurse's best response?

1. Prayer is an important part of healing for every patient. I will make sure you can have your prayer rugs here in the hospital.
  2. Prayer using a prayer rug is not usually encouraged in the hospital. I will ask my nursing supervisor about your request.
  3. I understand that this ritual is important to you. I will do my best to make sure you have your prayer rugs here in the hospital.
  4. I understand that this ritual is important to you. While prayer using a prayer rug is not encouraged in the hospital, I will see what I can do.

Question 2

The nurse is performing a spiritual assessment on a newly admitted patient. In addition to asking a patient how he or she answers life's questions, what is also important for the nurse to ask during the patient's spiritual assessment?

1. How well the patient's answers are working for him or her
  2. How well the patient's answers fit into his or her religion
  3. How well the patient's answers are accepted by family members
  4. How well the patient's answers are working for his or her family

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zacnyjessica

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 3
Explanation: Nurses can promote an individual's religious rituals by making sure that the patient has the items necessary for the ritual. While prayer is important to this individual, prayer is not a part of healing for all patients. Prayer using a prayer rug is not discouraged in the hospital; rather, nurses must encourage patients to continue in their spiritual rituals in order to continue in the healing process.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 1
Explanation: During the spiritual assessment, in addition to asking a patient how he or she answers life's questions, it is also important for the nurse to ask how well the patient's answers are working for him or her, to provide understanding for the patient's situation in life. How well the patient's answers fit into his or her religion, if these answers are accepted by family members, or if the answers are working for the patient's family are not aspects of the patient's spiritual assessment.

brutforce

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ecabral0

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library