This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient from a different cultural background who is having difficulty ... (Read 87 times)

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

The nurse is caring for a patient from a different cultural background who is having difficulty expressing beliefs about the treatment plan to the physician. What nursing action would be most appropriate for this patient?

1. The nurse should encourage the patient to accept the plan of care as ordered.
  2. The nurse should encourage the patient to speak up when the physician is present.
  3. The nurse should encourage collaboration between the patient and the physician.
  4. The nurse should encourage the patient to discuss concerns with the patient's spouse so that the spouse can tell the physician.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a Hispanic woman who presented to the emergency department after falling suddenly ill with intense, cramp-like abdominal pains. What cultural statements might the nurse anticipate from the patient regarding the possible cause of

the illness? Select all that apply.
  1. My illness is caused by working too hard.
  2. The cold weather is making me weak and ill.
  3. My deceased family member has put a curse on me.
  4. The woman at the bank gave me the evil eye and now I am sick.
  5. The food I ate must have formed into a ball and is clinging to my stomach.