This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Your new patient is at risk for alcohol withdrawal. You know that alcohol withdrawal tends to ... (Read 70 times)

stephzh

Your new patient is at risk for alcohol withdrawal. You know that alcohol withdrawal tends to develop within what period after the last drink?

A.
  1 week
  B.
  24 to 48 hours
  C.
  1 hour
  D.
  More than 1 week

Question 2

The wife of your alcoholic patient has been attending Al-Anon meetings for the past 2 weeks. Which statement tells you the wife is benefitting from the meetings?

A.
  I can tolerate his destructive behavior now that I see how bad other women have it.
  B.
  I realize that I provoke his drinking when I go out with my friends.
  C.
  I no longer feel that I have to tolerate his berating me.
  D.
  It is great to get out of the house and away from the tension.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaygar71

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Withdrawal symptoms in a heavy drinker generally begin within 24 to 48 hours after the last drink, although they can occur as early as 8 hours after the last drink.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
This is the healthiest response that she is not accepting a victim role. In response A she continues to accept his bad behavior. In response B she is taking responsibility for his drinking, which is codependent. Response D views the meetings as escape rather than a place to work on issues.

stephzh

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

brbarasa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library