This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following is (are) true about atypical antipsychotics? (Select all that apply) A. ... (Read 49 times)

joblessjake

Which of the following is (are) true about atypical antipsychotics? (Select all that apply)

A.
  Weak dopamine receptor antagonists
  B.
  Strong dopamine receptor antagonists
  C.
  Higher risk of extrapyramidal symptoms
  D.
  Used to treat negative and positive symptoms of schizophrenia
  E.
  Only available in oral form

Question 2

You are helping with breakfast service in the dining room. A resident begins screaming and hitting at her food stating, There are bugs on my eggs. Bugs Get them off. You approach her to see that someone sprinkled pepper on her eggs.

An appropriate response is:
  A.
  No, those aren't bugs That is just pepper.
  B.
  Don't eat them then if you believe those are bugs. Eat the toast instead. There are no bugs on the toast.
  C.
  I see no bugs; only pepper. I will get you a new plate of food.
  D.
  There are no bugs Nobody else sees bugs

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

johnpizzaz

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, D
Atypicals are newer antipsychotics that are weak dopamine receptor antagonists which lead to a milder side effect profile and less extrapyramidal symptoms. They treat both positive and negative symptoms and some formulations are available in long-acting injectable forms.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
This response is reality based, lets the patient know you heard her, and then directs attention to a new plate of food. There is a difference in meaning between I see no bugs from no, those aren't bugs. Response C acknowledges the patient experience rather than denying it.

joblessjake

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

adf223

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library