This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Patients with antisocial personality disorder: A. Generally must have immediate gratification. ... (Read 30 times)

jon_i

Patients with antisocial personality disorder:

A.
  Generally must have immediate gratification.
  B.
  Display a great deal of responsibility toward others.
  C.
  Display a great deal of anxiety.
  D.
  Have obsessive thoughts when in a social situation.

Question 2

The LPN/LVN is assisting with the data collection of a patient recently admitted to the mental health unit. During the interview, the patient makes a statement that concerns the nurse.

Which of the following statements would be most likely to prompt immediate attention?
  A.
  When I get out of here I am going to overdose on my mother's medication.
  B.
  When I get discharged, I am thinking I might try suicide again.
  C.
  I don't feel any better since I got here.
  D.
  If I get the chance, I just might run away.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

TheDev123

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Antisocial personality disorder is a pattern of irresponsible, exploitive, and guiltless behavior with tendency to fail to conform to the law and exploit and manipulate others for personal gain.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
The patient expresses the desire to end her life and verbalizes that there is a method for ending her life. This would be the highest risk that would need immediate action because the patient has motivation and the means to commit suicide.

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

rachel

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library