This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Toni, diagnosed with bipolar disorder, is currently in the mania stage. The staff noted that Toni ... (Read 32 times)

ENagel

Toni, diagnosed with bipolar disorder, is currently in the mania stage. The staff noted that Toni has placed her lipstick on in an exaggerated way.

She is currently pacing the floor and is easily angered. The duty nurse approaches in an attempt to ease some of Toni's behaviors. The most therapeutic response by the nurse would be:
  A.
  Would you like to watch TV?
  B.
  Would you like me to talk with you?
  C.
  Let's walk and talk
  D.
  Avoid giving attention to the patient by not responding to her behavior

Question 2

Which of the following best describes bipolar I disorder?

A.
  Full manic cycles with possibility of depression.
  B.
  Disturbance in mood that is a direct result of physiological effects of substance abuse.
  C.
  Periods of mild mania followed by mild depression.
  D.
  Intense depression followed by normal mood.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alvinum

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
To reduce the level of anger and aggression the patient may be experiencing, the nurse should encourage the patient to discharge some energy by physical activity. Talking about feelings may be difficult. The patient may not be able to concentrate.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Bipolar I is a full syndrome of manic symptoms and may also have depression. Response B is bipolar disorder due to substance abuse.

ENagel

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

meow1234

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library