This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Biological theories of depressive disorders include all of the following except: A. Chemical ... (Read 80 times)

Starlight

Biological theories of depressive disorders include all of the following except:

A.
  Chemical imbalances are responsible.
  B.
  The patient experiences maladaptive thought processes.
  C.
  There are genetic tendencies that run in families.
  D.
  Hormonal factors make women more susceptible than men.

Question 2

Your depressed patient is just started on duloxetine (Cymbalta). Which statement by the spouse tells you that family teaching has been effective?

A.
  I can't wait for him to be back to his old self in the next day or so.
  B.
  I realize we can't expect big changes right away.
  C.
  I have to take him for weekly blood tests to monitor the drug dosage.
  D.
  I will make sure he doesn't eat any aged cheese for the next 2 months until the dose is stabilized.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bimper21

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Responses A, C, and D are all contributing biological factors to depression.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
This response tells you the spouse understands that antidepressants can take some time before seeing improvements. Response A tells you the spouse incorrectly thinks the drug will work immediately. There are no blood tests or food restrictions with this drug.

Starlight

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

jamesnevil303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library