This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In this act, what circumstantial evidence is added to Othellos case againstDesdemona? What will ... (Read 21 times)

lidoalex

In this act, what circumstantial evidence is added to Othellos case againstDesdemona?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

In this act, what scenes (or speeches) contain memorable dramatic irony?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

phuda

Answer to Question 1

• Iago tells Othello to hide and observe while he gets Cassio to talk about his affair with Desdemona, when in fact he is drawing Cassio out about his relationship with Bianca. In the midst of this, Bianca herself arrives and flings Desdemonas handkerchief at Cassio. Desdemona expresses her pleasure in the news that Othello has been summoned to Venice and Cassio appointed in his stead; she feels that way because she thinks that Othello is acting strangely under the strain of his professional duties and the enforced rest will help to restore him, but Othello understands her to mean that she is pleased that her lover has been promoted.

Answer to Question 2

• Iagos I am a very villain else (IV, i, 125) could be considered a classic instance, as could his comment to Lodovico about Othellos shocking behavior: It is not honesty in me to speak / What I have seen and known (IV, i, 263264). At IV, ii, 137140, Emilia speculates that some lying villain has turned Othello against Desdemona, not realizing that the villain in question is the man shes speaking to. Also in Scene ii, Iago speaks more presciently than he knows when he tells Roderigo, If thou the next night following enjoy not Desdemona, take me from this world with treachery and devise engines for my life (lines 212213); Roderigo does not, of course, enjoy Desdemona, and Iago is to be taken from this world (though not with treachery).

lidoalex

Reply 2 on: Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

JCABRERA33

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library