This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What reasons does Iago give for his hatred of Othello? What will be an ideal ... (Read 61 times)

audie

What reasons does Iago give for his hatred of Othello?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

What is Iagos view of human nature? In his fondness for likening men toanimals (as in I, i, 4950; I, i, 9091; and I, iii, 378379), what does he tell us about himself?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sarahjh

Answer to Question 1

• At the beginning of Act I, he tells Roderigo that Othello has passed him over for promotion in favor of Roderigo. In the soliloquy that concludes Act II, Scene i, he says that he loves Desdemona () and mentions a rumor that Othello has cuckolded him. Admitting that he doesnt know if its true, he nonetheless says that he will proceed as if it is and be evened with him, wife for wife, or at the very least, make Othello think that Desdemona has been untrue to him.

Answer to Question 2

• Like many people, especially those of less than admirable nature, Iago projects his awareness of his own nature onto humanity in general. Consequently, he sees people as willing to do anything to secure their own interests and ready to mask their true nature in pursuit of their goals. His frequent comparisons to animals stem from his view of humans as devoted to the satisfaction of their most basic urges, untroubled by any moral compunction or sensitivity to the feelings of others.

audie

Reply 2 on: Jul 20, 2018
:D TYSM

ashely1112

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library