This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Is Soap Opera merely a piece of inspired silliness, or does it have a deeper dimension? What will ... (Read 26 times)

londonang

Is Soap Opera merely a piece of inspired silliness, or does it have a deeper dimension?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Where does the climax of the play occur?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

qytan

Answer to Question 1

• Amid all the foolery, we do see a deeper element: the Repairmans quest for the perfection that he finds in the Maypole Ocean IT-40 makes him incapable of accepting the imperfections of human nature. We see that he has learned hisand the playslesson when, after spending most of his life trying to wash the stains out of Mabels clothes, he says about the spot on her dress: Never remove it. It is the indelible Rorschach blot of the human heart (page 1151). And here we see another very interesting factthat there is an infinite number of ways in which any theme may be treated in a work of literature. Ivess theme in Soap Opera, is, broadly speaking, the same one that John Keats engages in his completely serious Ode on a Grecian Urn.

Answer to Question 2

• The climax comes at the moment when the Washing Machine is begging the Repairman to take away the burden of my perfection. Make me suffer. Break me. Ruin me, and he has a tool ready (page 1150). How he will act in this situation will determine how he feels about the Machine and about Mabeland about the issues that his relationships with them have raisedand thus will determine which of the two he finally chooses.

londonang

Reply 2 on: Jul 20, 2018
Wow, this really help

vickybb89

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library