This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: My father has been dead for over a year and my mother still can't talk about him without crying. Is ... (Read 34 times)

Kthamas

My father has been dead for over a year and my mother still can't talk about him without crying. Is that normal? What is the best response by the nurse?

A) The inability to talk about your dad without crying, even after a year, is still considered normal.
  B) It is not normal. Your mother needs to see a therapist about her grief.
  C) Everyone deals with loss differently. You just need to be patient with your mother.
  D) Did your mother cry a lot before your father died?

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a patient whose husband died over four years ago. The nurse suspects that the patient has abnormal grief. Which of the assessment findings would support this?

A) Talking about her husband as if he were still alive
  B) Keeping photos of her husband on her bedside table
  C) Talking and laughing about the time when he forgot their anniversary
  D) Crying on the anniversary of his death

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chelseyj.hasty

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A

Kthamas

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

scikid

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library