This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a patient with stress incontinence. Teaching has been effective if the patient ... (Read 12 times)

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

A nurse is caring for a patient with stress incontinence. Teaching has been effective if the patient states:

1. I need to do Kegel exercises to help strengthen the muscles that control the urine.
  2. I need to drink fluids with my meals but not in between meals.
  3. I should not do sit-ups because that will increase my abdominal pressure.
  4. I should avoid things that make me sneeze or cough.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a patient with incontinence who has an order for a catheterized urine specimen to evaluate the presence of a urinary tract infection. It would be appropriate for the nurse to use

1. An indwelling catheter.
  2. A three-way catheter.
  3. A straight catheter.
  4. A coud catheter.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mceravolo

Answer to Question 1

vANS: 1

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

juliaf

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library