This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While caring for a newly admitted patient with fluid and electrolyte imbalances, a nurse would be ... (Read 23 times)

Metfan725

While caring for a newly admitted patient with fluid and electrolyte imbalances, a nurse would be most concerned by which of the following?

1. Urinary output of 300 mL in 8 hours
  2. Blood pressure of 128/60 mm Hg
  3. Lung fields with crackles noted bilaterally
  4. Nausea

Question 2

A nurse is providing care for a patient admitted with nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea who has orders to remain NPO. Family members ask, Why can't she have anything to drink? Which of the following responses by the nurse is best?

1. I think the doctor must have forgotten to order a diet. I'll call and get one ordered.
  2. She can have as many ice chips as she wants, but it might make her sick if she drinks anything.
  3. I don't know. Did the doctor mention any tests to be done that would need her stomach to be empty?
  4. It is best to let her bowels rest, but you can use these mouth swabs to help her feel more comfortable.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Pariscourtney

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 4

Metfan725

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library