This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient is talking to the nurse about recent health problems of immediate family members and the ... (Read 25 times)

xroflmao

The patient is talking to the nurse about recent health problems of immediate family members and the strain she has been under trying to care for them. She begins to cry between sentences. What response by the nurse demonstrates the most empathy?

A) I know how you feel. I was the primary caregiver for my father when he was dying.
  B) It's okay to cry. Sometimes that helps us to feel better.
  C) Just take your time. I am listening.
  D) It is difficult when family members are ill. It helps if you take some time for yourself.

Question 2

The nurse caring for a patient with a recent head injury asks the patient to raise his left arm as high as possible. The patient repeatedly raises his right arm. What does this indicate?

A) Difficulty with providing feedback
  B) Difficulty with decoding messages
  C) Difficulty with compliance
  D) Difficulty with following commands

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dominiqueenicolee

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B

xroflmao

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

xiaomengxian

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library