This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a patient who asks, The doctor said I have leucopenia. What does that mean? ... (Read 23 times)

michelleunicorn

A nurse is caring for a patient who asks, The doctor said I have leucopenia. What does that mean? Which of the following responses by the nurse is best?

1. That means your white blood cell count is higher than normal.
  2. You have a lot of white blood cells that are very immature, so your risk for infection is high.
  3. It means your body is building new white blood cells to fight infection.
  4. Your risk for infection is higher than normal because your body doesn't have many white blood cells.

Question 2

A physician has ordered, Clear liquids, advance as tolerated. A nurse identifies that which of the following factors indicate that the patient is not yet ready to advance his or her diet? Select all that apply.

1. Hypoactive bowel sounds
  2. Nausea
  3. Complaints of indigestion
  4. Hunger
  5. Excessive thirst

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

31809pancho

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 1, 2, 3

michelleunicorn

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library