This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse provides discharge instructions to the mother of a child following a myringotomy with ... (Read 24 times)

Beheh

The nurse provides discharge instructions to the mother of a child following a myringotomy with insertion of tympanostomy tubes. Which of the following statements, if made by the mother, in-dicates a need for further education?

1. My child should not swim in deep water.
  2. I need to prevent my child from blowing the nose.
  3. My child can swim in the lake as long as the water is not deep.
  4. My child can take a shower or bath as long as I place Vaseline on cotton balls or earplugs in the ears.

Question 2

The nurse is helping to conduct a group therapy session. During the session, a male client threatens to act out physically and states that he will punch another member of the group. Which of the following is the appropriate initial nursing action?

1. Tell the client that he must leave immediately.
  2. Call security to come to the session immediately.
  3. Tell the client that he can talk about his anger but cannot act on it in during the group session.
  4. Tell the client that if he hits another client, he will be restrained and placed in se-clusion.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pocatato

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Bath water and lake water are potential sources of bacterial contamination. Diving and swimming deeply under water are prohibited. Parents need to be instructed that the child should not blow the nose for 7 to 10 days. The child's ears need to be kept dry, and Vaseline on cotton balls or earplugs can be placed in the ears during a bath or shower.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: If a client threatens to act out physically during a group session, the client should be told that he can talk about his anger but cannot act on it in during the group session. Tell the client that he must leave immediately, call security to come to the session immediately, and tell the client that if he hits another client, he will be restrained and placed in seclusion are in-appropriate initial nursing actions. Because the client's action was a threat, it is best for the nurse to deal with the behavior. Call security to come to the session immediately is a premature ac-tion. Telling the client that he must leave immediately or that if he hits another client he will be restrained and placed in seclusion violates the client's rights, based on the information provided in the question.

Beheh

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

sultana.d

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library