This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse collecting data related to the client's risk factors associated with osteoporosis would ... (Read 42 times)

joesmith1212

The nurse collecting data related to the client's risk factors associated with osteoporosis would include which of the following? Select all that apply.

1. Thin body build
  2. Smoking history
  3. Postmenopausal age
  4. Chronic corticosteroid use
  5. Family history of osteoporosis
  6. High intake of dairy products

Question 2

The nurse has been caring for a client with a diagnosis of depression. The client says to the nurse, I wish you would just be my friend. The appropriate response by the nurse is:

1. I am your friend.
  2. Our relationship is a therapeutic and helping one.
  3. I can't be your friend. I'm the nurse, and you're the client.
  4. You have plenty of friends. You don't need me to be your friend, too.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

JaynaD87

Answer to Question 1

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Rationale: A high intake of dairy products is not associated with osteoporosis, because dairy products are high in calcium. Other than low calcium intake, other risk factors for osteoporosis include a thin body frame, sedentary lifestyle, cigarette smoking, excessive alcohol intake, chronic illness, long-term use of corticosteroids, postmenopausal age, and a family history of osteoporosis.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Nurses may struggle with requests by clients to be my friend. When this occurs, the nurse should make it clear that the relationship is a therapeutic and helping one. This does not mean that the nurse is not friendly toward the client at times. It does mean, however, that the nurse follows the stated guidelines regarding a therapeutic relationship. I am your friend. I can't be your friend. I'm the nurse, and you're the client. and You have plenty of friends. You don't need me to be your friend, too. are inappropriate.

joesmith1212

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Liamb2179

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library