This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing instructions to the client who has been diagnosed with mastitis. Which of the ... (Read 18 times)

tiffannnnyyyyyy

The nurse is providing instructions to the client who has been diagnosed with mastitis. Which of the following statements, if made by the client, indicates a need for further education?

1. I need to wear a supportive bra to relieve the discomfort.
  2. I need to stop breast-feeding until this condition resolves.
  3. I can use analgesics to assist in alleviating some of the discomfort.
  4. I need to take antibiotics, and I should begin to feel better in 24 to 48 hours.

Question 2

The nursing student understands that the primary purpose of neutrophils in the inflammatory response is to:

1. Dilate the blood vessels.
  2. Increase fluids at the site of injury.
  3. Phagocytize any potentially harmful agents.
  4. Produce permeability of the blood vessels.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

smrerig

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: In most cases, the client can continue to breast-feed with both breasts. If the affected breast is too sore, the client can pump the breast gently. Regular emptying of the breast is im-portant in order to prevent abscess formation. Antibiotic therapy assists in resolving the mastitis within 24 to 48 hours. Additional supportive measures include ice packs, breast supports, and analgesics.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: In the inflammatory response, neutrophils appear in the area of injury in 30 to 60 minutes. Their primary purpose is to phagocytize (ingest and destroy) any potentially harmful agents, such as microorganisms. Dilate the blood vessels, increase fluids at the site of injury, and produce permeability of the blood vessels are incorrect.

tiffannnnyyyyyy

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

nanny

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library