This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client in the second trimester of pregnancy is seen in the health care clinic. The client tells ... (Read 106 times)

OSWALD

A client in the second trimester of pregnancy is seen in the health care clinic. The client tells the nurse that she is a hostess at a local restaurant and is on her feet most of the day.

She states that she has frequent low back pains and ankle edema by the end of the day. The nurse provides in-structions to the woman about measures to relieve the discomfort. Which of the following state-ments, made by the client, indicates an understanding of how to relieve these discomforts? 1. When I get home I should lie on my left side, with my feet in a dorsiflexed posi-tion.
  2. I should soak in a tub bath of hot water when I get home and then perform pel-vic tilt exercises.
  3. When I get home I should lie on my right side, with my feet elevated on a pil-low, and put a heating pad on my back.
  4. When I get home I should lie on the floor, with my legs elevated onto a couch, and turn my hips and knees at right angles.

Question 2

The chest x-ray report for a client states that the client has a left apical pneumothorax. The nurse would monitor the status of breath sounds in that area by placing the stethoscope:

1. Near the lateral 12th rib
  2. Just under the left-sided clavicle
  3. In the fifth intercostal space
  4. Posteriorly, under the left-sided scapula

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Perkypinki

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Lying on the floor with the legs elevated onto a couch, with the hips and knees at right angles, will produce a posture of pelvic tilt while countering gravity, which is the force that leads to edema of the lower extremities. Although the other options might seem useful, remember that heat needs to be prescribed by a physician. Lying on the left side with the feet dorsiflexed may help with the reduction of hemorrhoids.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: For the client with a left apical pneumothorax, the nurse would place the stethoscope just under the left clavicle. The apex of the lung is the rounded uppermost part of the lung. All the other options are incorrect.

OSWALD

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

aruss1303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library