This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient suffering from back spasms has an order for continued heat therapy at home and indicates ... (Read 24 times)

ahriuashd

A patient suffering from back spasms has an order for continued heat therapy at home and indicates to a nurse that he will use his heating pad. The nurse correctly advises the patient to

1. Never use any setting above medium.
  2. Use the highest setting for maximum comfort.
  3. Apply heat for 1 hour every 3 hours.
  4. Not use heat because cold therapy is more effective at stopping spasms.

Question 2

A nurse is satisfied that the mother of a 2-year-old with a history of febrile seizures understands how to effectively decrease body temperature when the mother states:

1. I will put my child in a lukewarm bath, making sure the temperature of the water is somewhere between 105F and 110F.
  2. When his temperature reaches 10B.5F, I will carefully place ice bags in the armpits and groin.
  3. If his fever spikes, I will bring him to the emergency department because he will most likely need to be lavaged with cold water.
  4. If I put ice bags around his body, his temperature will not get high enough to cause seizures.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Zack0mack0101@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2

ahriuashd

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library