This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client enters the outpatient clinic and says, I think I have the flu. I'm so tired, I have no ... (Read 14 times)

joblessjake

The client enters the outpatient clinic and says, I think I have the flu. I'm so tired, I have no appetite, and everything hurts..

The nurse assesses the client and finds a rash over the nose and on the cheeks and suspects a diagnosis of which of the following? 1. Fibromyalgia
   2. Systemic lupus erythematosus
   3. Lyme's disease
   4. Gout

Question 2

An adolescent client being seen in the ambulatory clinic is experiencing a period of rapid growth.

The nurse notes that the client is well groomed, is sitting erect in the chair, and openly answers questions. The nurse concludes through these observations that which of the following client attributes is intact?
  1. self-concept
  2. role performance ability
  3. body image
  4. personal identity

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pallen55

Answer to Question 1

2. Systemic lupus erythematosus

Rationale:
The rash over the nose and cheeks is sometimes called a butterfly rash and is classic for the diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), although not every client diagnosed with this disorder will have this rash. While fibromyalgia, Lyme's disease, and gout share some symptoms of SLE, they do not cause a rash over the nose and cheeks.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 1

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library