This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client with rheumatoid arthritis has come to the clinic for a progress check. The nurse determines ... (Read 20 times)

vicky

A client with rheumatoid arthritis has come to the clinic for a progress check. The nurse determines that the client has met a goal of treatment when the client tells the nurse which of the following?

1. I have delegated household chores to other family members..
   2. I do not perform household chores..
   3. I sleep for nine hours at night..
   4. I have increased pain in my joints..

Question 2

The nurse is assessing a school-age child with rheumatoid arthritis. The parents ask the nurse to recommend an exercise activity. Which of the following would be the most appropriate for the nurse to recommend?

1. Softball
   2. Football
   3. Swimming
   4. Basketball

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

snackralk

Answer to Question 1

1. I have delegated household chores to other family members..

Rationale:
One technique for reducing stress on the joints is to delegate household tasks to family members. The client does not need to refrain from all household chores. Sleeping for nine hours at night will not alleviate the need for frequent rest periods during the day. Increased joint pain would indicate that goals have not been met.

Answer to Question 2

3. Swimming

Rationale:
Swimming exercises all the extremities without putting undue stress on joints. Softball, football, or basketball could exacerbate joint discomfort.

vicky

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library