This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Your client is receiving pain relief via a drug delivery approach that uses an external infusion ... (Read 24 times)

haleyc112

Your client is receiving pain relief via a drug delivery approach that uses an external infusion pump to deliver an opioid dose on a client demand basis. Which type of pain management is your client receiving?

1. intraspinal analgesia
  2. epidural analgesia
  3. patient-controlled analgesia (PCA)
  4. intrathecal analgesia

Question 2

A client who is newly diagnosed with HIV asks the nurse if there are ways to protect the client's partner. Which of the client's statements indicates to the nurse that further instruction is needed?

1. I know I have to practice safe sex with my partner..
   2. I will not share my toothbrush or razor with my partner..
   3. I know I can't donate blood anymore since I have HIV..
   4. I know to use an oil-based lubricant to prevent spread of the disease to my partner..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ttt030911

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3

Answer to Question 2

4. I know to use an oil-based lubricant to prevent spread of the disease to my partner..

Rationale:
The nurse should educate the client regarding the prevention of the spread of
HIV. The client will need further education when he states that he will use an oil-based lubricant. The client should be educated to use latex condoms for oral, vaginal, or anal intercourse and to avoid natural or animal skin condoms, which allow passage of HIV. The client should use only water-based lubricantsnot oil-based, such as petroleum jelly, which can result in condom damage. The client is correct in stating that it is not an acceptable practice to share toothbrushes or razors. The client is also correct in stating that blood donation is prohibited.

haleyc112

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

irishcancer18

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library