This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Your client is receiving pain relief via a drug delivery approach that uses an external infusion ... (Read 25 times)

haleyc112

Your client is receiving pain relief via a drug delivery approach that uses an external infusion pump to deliver an opioid dose on a client demand basis. Which type of pain management is your client receiving?

1. intraspinal analgesia
  2. epidural analgesia
  3. patient-controlled analgesia (PCA)
  4. intrathecal analgesia

Question 2

A client who is newly diagnosed with HIV asks the nurse if there are ways to protect the client's partner. Which of the client's statements indicates to the nurse that further instruction is needed?

1. I know I have to practice safe sex with my partner..
   2. I will not share my toothbrush or razor with my partner..
   3. I know I can't donate blood anymore since I have HIV..
   4. I know to use an oil-based lubricant to prevent spread of the disease to my partner..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ttt030911

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3

Answer to Question 2

4. I know to use an oil-based lubricant to prevent spread of the disease to my partner..

Rationale:
The nurse should educate the client regarding the prevention of the spread of
HIV. The client will need further education when he states that he will use an oil-based lubricant. The client should be educated to use latex condoms for oral, vaginal, or anal intercourse and to avoid natural or animal skin condoms, which allow passage of HIV. The client should use only water-based lubricantsnot oil-based, such as petroleum jelly, which can result in condom damage. The client is correct in stating that it is not an acceptable practice to share toothbrushes or razors. The client is also correct in stating that blood donation is prohibited.

haleyc112

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

ktidd

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library