This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is performing an assessment on a toddler who is suspected of being autistic. When ... (Read 32 times)

ss2343

The nurse is performing an assessment on a toddler who is suspected of being autistic. When assessing the toddler for characteristics of autism, the nurse will question the parents about all of the following except the child's:

1. Ability to name objects.
   2. Social interactions.
   3. Manic or depressed episodes.
   4. Habits and rituals.

Question 2

A client diagnosed with cardiomyopathy is being discharged to home. Which of the following would suggest that discharge teaching has been effective for this client?

1. I will eat foods containing sodium only if drinking water with them.
   2. I will see the physician to discuss implanting a cardiac defibrillator next week.
   3. I will exercise as much as possible regardless of feeling weak and short of breath.
   4. My pants getting tight around the waist means I'm eating too much and short cut back on food.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dyrone

Answer to Question 1

3. Manic or depressed episodes.

Rationale:
Manic or depressed episodes are characteristics of bipolar disorder, not autism. Autism is characterized by a triad of impairments: social isolation, communication impairment, and strange repetitive behaviors.

Answer to Question 2

2. I will see the physician to discuss implanting a cardiac defibrillator next week.

Rationale:
Evidence that discharge instruction is effective for a client with cardiomyopathy would be the statement I will see the physician to discuss implanting a cardiac defibrillator next week since sudden cardiac death can occur with this medical diagnosis. The other client statements would indicate that discharge teaching was not effective and the client needs additional instruction and follow-up.

ss2343

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

matt95

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Asthma attacks and symptoms usually get started by specific triggers (such as viruses, allergies, gases, and air particles). You should talk to your doctor about these triggers and find ways to avoid or get rid of them.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library