This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client tells the nurse that he knows he has high blood pressure but does not want to take any ... (Read 20 times)

crobinson2013

A client tells the nurse that he knows he has high blood pressure but does not want to take any medication. The nurse should instruct this client on the risk of which of the following?

1. Metabolic syndrome
   2. Diabetes
   3. Gastritis
   4. Cardiomyopathy

Question 2

The nurse knows that the mother of a 6-year-old has not met the goal of teaching when she states which of the following?

1. I will give him his ADHD medication with his meals
   2. I will stick to the same routine each day after school..
   3. I will let him do his homework while he is watching his favorite television show..
   4. I will take my child to the physician every three months for a weight and height check..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lou

Answer to Question 1

4. Cardiomyopathy

Rationale:
Hypertension places the client at risk for development of cardiomyopathy. Hypertension has not been associated with metabolic syndrome, diabetes, or gastritis.

Answer to Question 2

3. I will let him do his homework while he is watching his favorite television show..

Rationale:
This child should do homework in a quiet environment, away from distractions. Giving ADHD medication with meals will help counteract anorexia associated with this medication. Maintaining the same daily routine helps the child know expectations, and a nighttime routine helps counteract insomnia. Children with ADHD should be screened regularly for height and weight to monitor growth.

crobinson2013

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library