This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A hospital was named in a lawsuit after a client had to undergo a second surgical procedure because ... (Read 26 times)

NClaborn

A hospital was named in a lawsuit after a client had to undergo a second surgical procedure because an arthroscopy was performed on the wrong knee. The hospital settled out of court with the client for damages.

This is an example of which principle of management? 1. Authority
   2. Responsibility
   3. Coordination
   4. Accountability

Question 2

A 19-year-old has come to the clinic with complaints of not being able to study effectively. The nurse plans the care based on a nursing diagnosis of fatigue.

Which of the following statements by the client validates the diagnosis by the nurse? 1. I sleep for nine hours a night..
   2. I have seasonal allergies to mold..
   3. I work out in the gym two days a week..
   4. I drink one beer when I go out with friend..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mochi09

Answer to Question 1

4. Accountability

Rationale:
Principles of management include authority, accountability, and responsibility. Accountability is the ability and willingness to assume responsibility for one's actions and to accept the consequences of one's behavior. The hospital had a responsibility to the client for quality care and service and was willing to accept the consequences of hospital employee error experienced by the client. Authority is defined as the right to direct the work of others. Coordination is a function of management, not one of the principles.

Answer to Question 2

2. I have seasonal allergies to mold..

Rationale:
Allergies and their reactions can cause a person to experience fatigue and to lose focus. Sleeping for nine hours a night is sufficient. Working out in the gym will help counteract fatigue. Drinking a beer occasionally will not cause fatigue.

NClaborn

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

robbielu01

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library