Author Question: The nurse is admitting a client who has had a severe head injury. The nurse expects that signs of ... (Read 27 times)

melly21297

The nurse is admitting a client who has had a severe head injury. The nurse expects that signs of worsening cerebral edema will occur over which of the following?

1. 24 hours
   2. 36 hours
   3. 48 hours
   4. 72 hours

Question 2

A parent says to the nurse, I think my son is showing signs of obsessive-compulsive disorder, just like my father.. The nurse should explain which of the following theories to the parent?

1. Behavioral
   2. Genetic
   3. Humanistic
   4. Psychosocial

kishoreddi

• Your online Help in Biology and chemistry
Answer to Question 1

4. 72 hours

Rationale:
Cerebral edema increases for 72 hours after injury.

Answer to Question 2

2. Genetic

Rationale:
Genetic theory is based on strong evidence that the transmission of certain genes contributes to the development of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Behavioral theorists believe compulsive behavior is an attempt to relieve anxiety. Humanistic theorists believe that one is unable to deal with the theories without looking at how they interact with each other. Psychosocial theorists believe that anxiety can be transmitted from the mother to the child.