This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: For which of the following is the nurse most likely to follow a protocol? a. preparation of a ... (Read 15 times)

kellyjaisingh

For which of the following is the nurse most likely to follow a protocol?

a. preparation of a patient for a diagnostic procedure
  b. adjustment of a patient's blood pressure medications
  c. administration of IV fluids
  d. management of a patient with acute pain

Question 2

Which of the following should the nurse say in respond to a client experiencing a situational crisis?

1. I am sorry this happened to you..
   2. I know just how you feel..
   3. It's best to stay busy..
   4. It could have been worse..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joshbk44

Answer to Question 1

A
A protocol is a series of standing orders or procedures that should be followed under certain specific conditions. Health care organizations frequently have standing orders or protocols for patient preparation for diagnostic tests or for immediate interventions in life-threatening circumstances.

Answer to Question 2

1. I am sorry this happened to you..

Rationale:
Stating that the nurse is sorry for what the client has experienced reflects empathy. Assessing the client's current emotional state and coping mechanisms that have been effective in the past require open-ended questions and attentive listening. Stating that the nurse knows how the client feels hinders this communication and takes the focus off the client. Telling the client to stay busy does not empower the client to identify and adopt his or her own coping strategies. Telling the client it could have been worse minimizes the client's unique experience.

kellyjaisingh

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

softEldritch

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library