This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The final result(s) of the planning process is/are the a. client goals c. nursing interventions ... (Read 22 times)

fnuegbu

The final result(s) of the planning process is/are the

a. client goals c. nursing interventions
  b. expected outcomes d. nursing plan of care

Question 2

The nurse has completed discharge teaching for a client with an anxiety disorder. Which of the following indicates to the nurse that the client has understood discharge teaching regarding respiratory alkalosis?

1. I will eat more bananas at breakfast..
   2. I have signed up for a stress management class..
   3. I will breather faster when I am feeling anxious..
   4. I will not take antacids when I have heartburn..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

janeli

Answer to Question 1

D
After a nurse assesses a patient and determines the nursing diagnoses, a plan of action is developed which becomes the nursing plan of care.

Answer to Question 2

2. I have signed up for a stress management class..

Rationale:
The client understands that reducing anxiety can reduce hyperventilation and respiratory alkalosis. Eating bananas is more appropriate for the client at risk for metabolic alkalosis who is on diuretics. Breathing faster will increase hyperventilation. Taking too many antacids is associated with metabolic alkalosis.

fnuegbu

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

LVPMS

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library