This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has just had a barium enema. Which of the following should the nurse do for this patient? ... (Read 30 times)

jon_i

A patient has just had a barium enema. Which of the following should the nurse do for this patient?

a. keep NPO for 8 hours c. increase fluids
  b. send a stool specimen to lab d. observe for a rash

Question 2

Which of the following statements best describes the central idea of the health belief model?

1. A person's health behaviors are chosen exclusively on the basis of past experiences.
  2. A person's beliefs about the seriousness of disease, personal susceptibility, and the threat of disease can predict the likelihood that the person will take preventive health action, moderated by demographic and social factors.
  3. A person's beliefs about the outcomes of prevention and treatment can predict the likelihood for lack of engagement, moderated by care providers' perceptions of the seriousness of the disease.
  4. A person's health behaviors are initiated on the basis of beliefs about the causes of disease or illness.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shaquita

Answer to Question 1

C
General patient preparation for barium studies include placing the patient on NPO status after midnight, administering a laxative the evening before and enemas the morning of the test, forcing fluid post-procedure, and following up in 2 to 3 days post-procedure to ensure the patient has had a normal brown stool.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

bdobbins

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library