This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An Asian American patient explains to a nurse that yin and yang can be compared with the sympathetic ... (Read 30 times)

student77

An Asian American patient explains to a nurse that yin and yang can be compared with the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems and the way they maintain balance in the body. This type of belief is an example of

1. A magico-religious belief.
  2. Folk healing.
  3. A biomedical based belief.
  4. A holistically based belief.

Question 2

An elderly Caucasian female patient tells a male nurse that she does not want him to be her nurse. An appropriate initial response by the nurse would be to say:

1. You are not comfortable with a male nurse?
  2. You need to calm down.
  3. Discriminating against me may affect the care you receive.
  4. I'll stay with you until you feel more comfortable with me.

Question 3

A nurse is caring for a Jewish patient with strong cultural beliefs. The nurse must intervene when food services brings him

1. Steak.
  2. Fish fillet.
  3. Bacon and eggs.
  4. Chicken breast.

Question 4

An instructor explains that a nurse must provide care to the patient and show respect for and incorporate the patient's specific cultural beliefs and values into his or her care. This idea is known as

1. Morality.
  2. Cultural sensitivity.
  3. Diversity.
  4. Cultural awareness.