This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The 80-year-old patient on the medical-surgical unit says to the nurse, My vision is blurry and I ... (Read 19 times)

j.rubin

The 80-year-old patient on the medical-surgical unit says to the nurse, My vision is blurry and I see halos around lights. The glare from the sun really bothers me.

Upon assessment, the nurse notes a cloudy film over the lens of the eye. Based on the patient's complaints and the nurse's assessment, the nurse associates these findings with which of the following?
  a. Strabismus
  b. Cataracts
  c. Glaucoma
  d. Presbyopia

Question 2

For a patient with dementia, how might the nurse best improve orientation and clarity? Select all that apply.

a. Place personal objects where the patient can see them.
  b. Introduce yourself each time you have contact with the patient.
  c. Encourage the patient to relax while the nurse gives the bath.
  d. Use short sentences with only a few words.
  e. Do not offer many choices when it comes to ADLs.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

debra928

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, D, E

j.rubin

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Zebsrer

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library