This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The mother of a 3-month-old infant comes to emergency department and states, My baby has been having ... (Read 40 times)

jenna1

The mother of a 3-month-old infant comes to emergency department and states, My baby has been having severe diarrhea for 4 days.

She is crying all the time. In formulating the plan of care to moderate the diarrhea, the nurse focuses her intervention(s) on which of the following? Select all that apply.
  a. Fluid management
  b. Electrolyte balance
  c. Skin integrity
  d. Excessive crying

Question 2

A day after abdominal surgery, a postoperative patient on a surgical unit says to the nurse, I'm having a problem with a lot of gas. Maybe it's the food I'm eating. What is the appropriate response by the nurse? Select all that apply.

a. If the problem continues after you go home, you'll need to avoid gas-producing foods such as beans.
  b. Let's get you out of bed and walking more. This can help with your gas.
  c. When was your last bowel movement? You may be a bit constipated.
  d. I understand. I'll have to call the doctor for an insertion of a rectal tube.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tabitha_2016

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, B, C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, C

jenna1

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

parker125

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library