Author Question: An elderly female, adequately nourished, was admitted to the skilled nursing facility 3 months ago. ... (Read 15 times)

sheilaspns

An elderly female, adequately nourished, was admitted to the skilled nursing facility 3 months ago. Since then, she has had a significant weight loss and become frail.

Her appetite and activity level are reduced and she has lost interest in interacting with other patients. What would the nurse suspect the reason for her condition to be?
  a. Need for teaching about nutrition
  b. Anxiety
  c. Distaste for the food served
  d. Adult failure to thrive

Question 2

Which of these statements made by a client whose BMI is 34 and is attempting to lose weight would indicate the need for further teaching?

a. I should limit the number of fruit juices that I drink every day.
  b. I need to tell my family and friends about my commitment to lose weight.
  c. An online food diary is unlikely to help me to improve my food intake.
  d. I should limit the amount of time that I spend in front of my computer and TV.

kishoreddi

• Your online Help in Biology and chemistry
Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C