This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The mother of a 6-year-old child says to the pediatric nurse, My son had such a bad case of the ... (Read 29 times)

asmith134

The mother of a 6-year-old child says to the pediatric nurse, My son had such a bad case of the measles. I hope he doesn't get them again. What is the most appropriate response by the nurse?

a. It sounds like he was very sick. Let's hope he doesn't get them again.
  b. Measles is a disease that once you've had it, you won't get it again. The body has learned to make cells that will fight off any future exposures.
  c. Would you like me to prepare a plan for you with ways you can prevent future episodes of measles?
  d. It will be important for you to keep your son away from other children with measles, as he is now more susceptible.

Question 2

To assure effectiveness, when should the nurse stop rubbing antiseptic hand solution over all surfaces of the hands?

a. When fingers feel sticky
  b. After 5 to 10 seconds
  c. When leaving the client's room
  d. Once fingers and hands feel dry

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dlook33

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

asmith134

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

amandanbreshears

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library