This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Homelessness is a growing problem in the United States. What are the primary causes of homelessness? ... (Read 37 times)

jlmhmf

Homelessness is a growing problem in the United States. What are the primary causes of homelessness? Select all that apply.

a. Lack of job skills
  b. Lack of social skills
  c. Underlying mental illness
  d. Substance abuse

Question 2

The nursing student is caring for a seriously ill child on the pediatric unit. There are many family members present, including parents, aunts, and uncles. The student tells the primary nurse,

Every time I go into the room, everyone is shouting at each other, they shout at me, and they ask me the same questions over and over. What is the most appropriate response by the nurse?
  a. This is unacceptable and disruptive behavior. Let them know that if this behavior continues, we may need to call security.
  b. Families experience a range of emotions when caring for an ill member. Sometimes these are normal reactions, so you need not take it personally.
  c. There may be too many people in the room. You might consider limiting their visiting time.
  d. I believe this family is of Italian descent. Don't worry about it; it may just be their culture.