This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: To reflect the changes in healthcare and nurses' expanded roles, the International Council of Nurses ... (Read 19 times)

biggirl4568

To reflect the changes in healthcare and nurses' expanded roles, the International Council of Nurses revised the definition of nursing. Which statements are consistent with the revised definition of nursing?

a. Nursing encompasses the autonomous and collaborative care of others.
  b. Nursing includes the care of ill, disabled, and dying people.
  c. Participation in shaping health policy is a nursing role.
  d. Registered nurses use the nursing process to plan and individualize care.

Question 2

The 75-year-old patient is preparing for discharge and tells the case manager, I don't know what I am going to do when I get home. I cannot afford the medications the doctor has ordered for me. What is the case manager's most appropriate response?

a. We can have a social worker see you when you get home.
  b. Medications are expensive, but you will need to take them.
  c. I can speak with your doctor about discontinuing some of the medications.
  d. The home health nurse will address this when she sees you.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

welcom1000

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, B, C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A

biggirl4568

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

xiaomengxian

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library