This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A mother tells the nurse at an annual well child checkup that her 6-year-old son occasionally wets ... (Read 26 times)

tth

A mother tells the nurse at an annual well child checkup that her 6-year-old son occasionally wets himself. Which response by the nurse is appropriate?

1) Explain that occasional wetting is normal in children of this age
  2) Tell the mother to restrict her child's activities to avoid wetting
  3) Suggest time-out to reinforce the importance of staying dry
  4) Inform the mother that medication is commonly used to control wetting

Question 2

A patient who sustained a spinal cord injury will perform intermittent self-catheterization after discharge. After discharge teaching, which statement by the patient would indicate correct understanding of the procedure?

1) I will need to replace the catheter weekly.
  2) I can use clean, rather than sterile, technique at home.
  3) I will remember to inflate the catheter balloon after insertion.
  4) I will dispose of the catheter after use and get a new one each time.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

irishcancer18

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2

tth

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library