This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nursing instructor asks students how they would assess the fifth vital sign. Which student would ... (Read 7 times)

Beheh

The nursing instructor asks students how they would assess the fifth vital sign. Which student would be correct? I would:

1) Have the client rate her pain on a scale of 0 to 10.
  2) Ask the client when she had her last bowel movement.
  3) Take the client's pulse oximetry reading.
  4) Interview the client about history of tobacco use.

Question 2

A client who has been hospitalized for an infection states, The nursing assistant told me my vital signs are all within normal limits; that means I'm cured. The nurse's best response would be:

1) Your vital signs confirm that your infection is resolved; how do you feel?
  2) I'll let your health care provider know so you can be discharged.
  3) Your vital signs are stable, but there are other things to assess.
  4) We still need to keep monitoring your temperature for a while.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

carlsona147

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3

Beheh

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ashely1112

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library