This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 5-year-old is hospitalized with pneumonia. Which approach would be MOST appropriate to facilitate ... (Read 10 times)

Redwolflake15

A 5-year-old is hospitalized with pneumonia. Which approach would be MOST appropriate to facilitate successful administration of oral medication?

a. I have some medication for you to drink. Do you want juice or water with it?
  b. I have a new type of orange juice for you to drink. It tastes very good.
  c. I have your pink medicine. Will you take it for me?
  d. In a few minutes you will need to take your medicine. You mustn't spit it out. OK?

Question 2

Which of these terms describes a complete arching of the body that occurs with seizures after a person takes PCP?

a. confabulation c. synthesis
  b. opisthotonos d. tonic-clonic seizure

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kescobar@64

Answer to Question 1

A
Use a straightforward approach, and allow for choices whenever possible when administering medications to the preschool child.

Answer to Question 2

B
The use of phencyclidine (PCP) typically results in four phases. First, acute toxicity causes visual disturbances, auditory hallucinations, combativeness, opisthotonos, catatonia, convulsions, and coma. This phase lasts for 3 days. The second phase involves toxic psychosis with visual and auditory hallucinations, agitation, paranoid delusions, and disturbed judgment. This phase lasts for 7 days. The third phase is characterized by psychotic episodes, including thought disorders, paranoid ideation, and affect disorders much like schizophrenia, and lasts a month or more. Depression during the fourth phase may result in suicide. No effort should be made to talk down or calm the individual.

Redwolflake15

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

zacnyjessica

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library